February 4th; #WorldCancerDay is a day set aside annually to raise awareness about cancer, its risk factors and to encourage individuals around the world to take responsibility for their health by making healthier lifestyle choices and getting screened.
With over 9.6 million people globally said to die every year from cancer-related conditions, the Volunteer Medical Corps continues to shine the #VMCLightofHope to people and families affected by cancer around the world. This year, the campaign will extend from February 4th to 28th, 2021.
Join us as we change the narrative as you share the awareness about cancer prevention and the need for healthier lifestyles using the hashtag: #IamandIlead .
HERE'S HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LIGHT OF HOPE CAMPAIGN IN YOUR CITY
● Visit a hospital with relief materials within 50+ miles. (It takes a step to put a smile on someone's face).
● With $30 and above, you can sponsor hygiene kits for cancer patients in low income communities. (You don't have be there physically but your giving will definitely go a long way).
● Gift a one-day makeover for cancer patients. (You can organize a couple of your friends and do a complete makeover for a cancer patient: This might involve beautiful wigs, lovely makeup and a photoshoot.
Have them take portrait photographs to remember your visit and their new look.
Share your pictures of the makeover with us via email and let's inspire more people together)
● Organise a sensitisation program focused on cancer prevention in your locality.
● Organise free cancer screening for people in your hospital or centre
● Sponsor distribution of Healing from Heaven books. (With you, we can definitely bring hope to cancer patients all around the world.)